Recent Empties Collection

13:00:00

First of all, lets get one thing straight. I am NOT a hoarder! I promise :) However I have been holding onto a box worth of products for at least 6 months now, in the hopes of one day getting around to show you the things I have used up. I have quite a lot, so I have separaed this into two different posts. This being the first, will be skincare, haircare, body wash etc. The next part will be all about the makeup, as its very rare for me to use up the amount of makeup I currently have piled up, so a whole post will be dedicated to that :) Lets dive in before this becomes longer than you could imagine.

1. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Liquid Silk Shampoo: This was a meh product for me. I didn't notice any change with my hair, however it did come in handy when cleaning some makeup brushes.
Repurchase:Probably won't repurchase.

2. Tresemme' Salon Silk Shampoo: This was a decent shampoo (the conditioner is one of my all time favourites!) and had an amazing scent of Watermelon.
Repurchase: I would repurchase just purely cause of the scent.

3. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Ultimate Colour Conditioner: Again didn't really notice a huge difference in the quality or colour longevity of my hair.
Repurchase: Most likely will not repurchase.

4. Schwarzkopf Extra Care Marrakesh Oil & Coconut Shampoo: Probably the only one out of the range (that I have tried) that I feel does something for my hair. Especially the conditioner, which is still chilling in my shower right now. My hair feels soft and luscious.
Repurchase: Will most likely repurchase

(have you noticed that I am super picky with shampoos? I try out a lot in the aim of finding one that is truly amazing). 




5. Original Source Lime Shower Gel: This is ONE of my all time favourite body washes. It smells like a heavenly mix of lime & coca cola lollies (weird explanation, I know right).
Repurchase:Will always repurchase this as it not only smells amazing, it is also kind on the earth and kind on your wallet too!

6. Lux Passionate Spell Shower Gel: Another beautiful smelling body wash! I find this one to be extra nice as the scent actually settles into your skin, and you end up smelling nice even hours after showering. It smells kind of like a musky mens fragrance mixed with Orange and Passionfruit.
Repurchase: Will always repurchase.

7. Palmolive Body Butter Exfoliating Wash in Peppermint Crush: I'm not sure if you have Minties wherever you are reading this from ( I know its a delicacy in Australian Culture ;) ) but this body wash literally smells like someone crushed up a thousand minties and lathered them in cream.
Repurchase: Will always repurchase this, especially when its Christmas, as i find peppermint a very festive smell.


8. OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Intense Moisturizing Treatment: I picked this up from a local chemist a while back when it was on special, and I do find it did a good job at conditioning my hair, however not enough that I would be willing to repurchase, as I know there are some better ones out there.
Repurchase: No

9. Marc Anthony Repairing Macadamia Oil Deep Rescue Conditioning Treatment: This treatment was DIVINE! I picked this up from Target for around $6 I believe, and I was very impressed. It smells of macadamia, which I don't actually mind (I'm not usually a fan of nutty fragrances), and it did a great job at conditioning my hair. 
Repurchase:Will definitely repurchase. I'm on the hunt for a bottle of this, as the one I picked up was a sachet. 

10. Reed Orange & Poppy Seed Body Scrub: I was given this as a full-sized sample in a Lust Have It box quite some time ago. At first, I was super keen on giving it a go, as I have never tried anything like these scrubs. The scent was really off-putting (sniffing it now it smells strongly of Play Doh) and it pretty much crumbled up and fell off the skin like a repellant. I didn't even get to use it all as it went off really quickly. Repurchase:Hell to the NAH

11. Kerastase Bain Force Architect Shampoo & Masque Force Architecte Samples: I don't know what goes through people's hair sometimes when putting together samples with products like shampoo and masks. Surely I am not the only person that believes I truly can't see the full benefits of a product with only one use worths of product.
Repurchase: I probably wouldn't repurchase this as I can't really say whether I liked it or not, as I wasn't really given the chance to see, and I have heard on the grapevine that its expensive (I could only find one online store with pricing, I think I am blind....click here to have a look). 


12. Swisspers Cucumber Cleansing Wipes x 2: I much much much prefer the original version of these (or the aloe) but these indeed were refreshing. I absolutely love the plastic closure to these, as It keeps the wipes hydrated and moist (cringe) for much longer than the sticker labels. 
Repurchase:Right now I am trying out the Neutrogena ones, so we shall see how they go first.

13. Swisspers Original Cleansing Wipes Sample Size: I believe this came in a subscription box as well, and it was super handy travelling with these. Of course, on the regular, I would opt for the full-sized wipes, but if I am ever doing short travel trips, these are perfect. 
Repurchase: Not this size, no. 

14. Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes: Along with the Swisspers brand, Simple are another one of my favourite skincare brands when it comes to their basic staples. Gentle on the skin, and good at removing makeup. 
Repurchase: Definitely if I am after something cheap on the pocket, and gentle on the face.

15. Chantecaille Rose de Mai Face Oil: This was a little sample I got when I ordered my Sweet Peach Palette from Mecca, and even though I can't tell you if it CHANGED my skin (as it was only one use), I would definitely say it felt nice on the skin.
Repurchase: Retailing at $274 dollars a bottle, I don't think I would purchase this...I mean I have put off getting new work shoes for 3 months, and they only cost me $15. 

16. Malin + Goetz Facial Cleansing Oil: Besides the very herbal/chemical smell, I thoroughly enjoyed this product. I managed to get only one use out of the sample, but it was enough to sell me. Maybe not on this product in particular, but the idea of using an oil to clean the skin. It was very comforting and soft on the skin. It is on the more highend price range, but I don't know...it was pretty nice. If you have any other recommendations for cleansing oils that don't cost $60 per bottle, please let me know!
Repurchase: It is expensive so probably not...depends if I can find anything similar

17. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: This shit (sorry mum for the swearing) is the shit (again, really sorry). Honest to god, I love this product for removing that first layer of makeup. 
Repurchase:I will always repurchase this, and i even have a back up bottle going at the moment. 



18. Bio-Oil: This product I have to just straight-up chuck out. It is years and years old (think circa 2009). I can't even give you my thoughts on this, other than I am such a wasteful person (or atleast teenage me was).
Repurchase: Probably not.

19. Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser: I know this is a cult product, but I just didn't like it. I am actually chucking this out as it has expired months ago so there is still quite a bit product left in it, however I can safely say this was not for me. It was incredibly hard to wash off the skin, and even when you use a hot damp cloth to remove it, my face felt like it still had residue left on it. No thanks.
Repurchase: Nope nope nope

20. Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: Okay, I know right now I am coming across as the most wasteful person alive, but this is another product I haven't used up fully before its expiration. It was darn good! but the bubblegum flavour tasted a bit like soap.
 Repurchase:I will probably repurchase at christmas time when they bring out the christmas edition :)



21. Rexona Clinical Protection Deodorant in Shower Fresh: I think this might be old packaging (as the product itself is quite old! hoarder, i know) but I really like the Rexona Deodorant sticks, just not when my underarms are freaking out (I get abnormal CONSTANT rashes under my left underarm....can someone say FUN).
Repurchase:
I have another one going at the moment. 

22. Impulse Aerosol Perfume in Into Glamour: Impulse body sprays are just a cult product that can do no wrong. Chuck one in your handbag, spray as you go, touch up whenever you need, BAM done.
Repurchase: Will always repurchase. 

23. Mitchum Clinical in Powder Fresh: I liked this one, but I still think my Rexona one does a better job at keeping the nasty smell away. I'm not 100% sure how they differ, but I would prefer to repurchase the Rexona one if given a choice. 
Repurchase: No

24. Cosmopolitan The Fragrance: I got this sample of this perfume a while ago thanks to Priceline, and I was THIS close to buying it the day it came out, but I showed restraint. To tell you the truth, I don't know why its not in my collection right now. It will be one day, don't you worry! It has notes of mandarin, saffron, jasmine and vanilla (among other things...one of the most complex yet cheaper perfumes I have come across). Its fresh, and creamy, and spicy all in one. One day it will be mine...ONE DAY. 
Repurchase:YES, so much yes!

That was certainly a long process! I normally wouldn't have so many empties on a month to month basis, but this certainly was a massive build up of things I have used up over the last 6 months. There are products that weren't even mentioned in here as they were either accidentally thrown out or misplaced when we moved. 

x Tee

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

recent posts