Mid-Year Motivation: The time has come again!

12:00:00

Last year i did a post on mid-year motivation, all about how I was going to change my life, get healthy, get fit, and follow my goals that I had planned for at the start of the year, but didn't get around to completing. This year, you BETCHA I'm doing the same thing again. Not just because I want to, but mainly because I kind of NEED to. The start of this year (mainly Feb & march) I was sooooooo productive when it came to my health. I was doing boot camp 2-4 times a week, and i lost over 20 Cm's total (10 of those being just from my waist alone). However I stood on the scales last night....a gain of 4 kilos in the passed month. Why? Because I have an issue with ice-cream okay? But that changes now. Screw new years resolutions, mid-year motivation is where it's at!

Here are some things I am telling my inner unhealthy bitch to get me started:

WORK-THE -FREAK-OUT WOMAN!

Just do it. Get off your lazy ass and workout! Hands down I felt so healthy and happy when I was working out at the start of the year. My energy levels increased, I felt mentally stable, and I felt strong and capable of doing a workout. Now....well I went for a walk a couple weeks ago? I just need to suck it up and get moving. I think I will start off with walks and the gym, and then potentially attempt  the Kayla Itsines BBG again. 

CUT OUT THE ICE CREAM (and chocolate...and energy drinks..)

I have a very very strong relationship with the Connoisseur Cookies & Cream Ice-cream...and by strong relationship I mean I go through 1-2 tubs a week (cringe). Its taking BALLS to own up to that right now. I feel like I am one of the Biggest Loser contestants when they do the initial house visits and they sit down and eat 3L of ice-cream in one sitting. I'm not that committed to the ice-cream, but I'm borderline psychotic. I need to part ways with all the bad food I am eating, and make healthy choices. This will be the hardest part for me, as due to my mental illness I find I depend on food to keep me sane, however this is a mental challenge that I need to work on. 

REMEMBER WHY YOU ARE DOING THIS

Yes you are bangin right now! Yes you got that ass! Yes your man loves you the way you are! BUT...that doesn't mean working on yourself is going to take those things away from you! Yes you are beautiful, but imagine how much more confident and sexy you will feel when you lose some weight and are healthy? Yes you got that ass, but with some squats, you can make that ass extra-terrestrial. Yes your man loves you, but he also loved you when you were 30 kilos lighter, so It won't change a thing. Most importantly, look at the pictures of yourself from 4 years ago... you may have been struggling with mental illness, and yes you may be happier now than you were then, but look at that body... you have the chance to change your body (inside and out) and be the best version of yourself you can be.

Who is with me?! Lets get healthy and happy together!

x Tee


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

recent posts